Requirements to Join USP IX Cohort 1
- Know that any attempt to seek a “wasta” or interference regarding the selection process (admission, financial aid, exams) or any other intervention from any person or side will automatically lead to immediate disqualification.
- Be a Lebanese citizen.
- Have attended a public or private high school in Lebanon for at least the last three years of your secondary education and expected to complete your baccalaureate during summer. An exception is made for students who spent two years out of the three in a public and private school and one secondary year in a US Government education exchange program (such as YES). Documents proving participation in such programs need to be presented along with the application. Students who spent less than their last three years of schooling in Lebanon are not eligible unless their transfer to Lebanon was substantiated by death of the breadwinner, or official bankruptcy.
- Have a cumulative average of 13.5/20 (Grades 10 and 11) if you are applying from a public school.
- Have a cumulative average of 16/20 (Grades 10 and 11) if you are applying from a private school.
- Obtain a minimum of 13.5/20 on your official Lebanese Baccalaureate exam.
- Obtain the minimum required scores on the tests and exams set by the university you are applying to.
- Demonstrate past and present performance of service and community activities.
- Not be registered at any university or have completed studies at any university.
- Register at one of the universities, AUB or LAU, as a full-time student at all times.
- Not have siblings who have benefited or are benefiting from any USP or US funded undergraduate scholarship unless they dropped during the first year of enrollment in order to ensure that as many families as possible benefit from the program.
- Parents must not be receiving an educational university subsidy of $5000 or more.
Financial Aid Guidelines
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for the USP IX scholarship program, you need to demonstrate financial need. Make sure to submit hard copies of all the financial aid required documents starting January 6 and prior to April 6, 2023.
Benefits of USP IX Cohort 1
If accepted, USP IX Cohort 1 will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees, for the duration of the program
- Medical Insurance
- Book allowance
- Student housing and transportation allowance
Please note that all those who shall be entitled to dorms are explicitly bound to clear rules and regulations. Dorms are segregated (dorms for girls - dorms for boys).
- A monthly stipend for nine to eleven months per year depending on the major
- Counseling services and psychosocial support as needed
- Support services shall be offered to women coming to live on campus, if and when needed.
Programs You May Apply For
Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing
- Nursing (Byblos campus only)
School of Arts and Sciences
- Chemistry (Beirut campus only - pre-medical studies are not covered)
- Computer Science (Beirut or Byblos campus)
- Education (Beirut campus only)
- Psychology (Beirut or Byblos campus)
- Mathematics (Beirut campus only)
Adnan Kassar School of Business
- Business Studies (Beirut or Byblos campus)
- Economics (Beirut or Byblos campus)
School of Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Computer Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Electrical Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Industrial Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Mechanical Engineering (Byblos campus only)
Career Guidance for each of the above-listed Majors
|Business||Administrator, Financial Analyst, Treasurer, Chief Cost Accountant, Financial Aid Director, Management/Financial Consultant, Accountant, General Manager, Research Specialist, Economic Analyst, Internal Audit, Digital Marketing, Human Resources, Sales|
|Chemistry||Agricultural Scientist, Geochemist, Quality Control Manager, Laboratory Assistant, Chemistry Teacher, Research Assistant, Medical Representative|
|Civil Engineering||Airport Engineer, Landscape Architect, Oceanographer, Production Engineer, Meteorologist, Print Editor, Newscaster, Proofreader, TV News Producer, Reporter, Property Management, Quantity Surveyor, Geotechnical Engineer, Sales Engineer, Pavement Engineer|
|Computer Engineering||IT project coordinator, Technical Consultant, Computer Hardware Engineer, Database Manager, Integrated Systems Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, Communications Engineer, Business, Development Manager, IT Systems Administrator, Backend Developer, Web Developer, Software Engineer, Pre-sales Engineer - Test & Measurement, Mobile App Developer, Operations Manager, Energy Efficiency and Solar Project Development Consultant|
|Computer Science||Computer system Analyst, Computer Network Architect, Computer Programmer, Software Developer, Audiovisual Production Specialist, Lighting Technician, Social Media Communications Specialist, Sound Editor, Android Developer, Quality Assurance Officer, Backend Developer, IT officer, Business Development Manager, Coding Tutor, Specialist, IT Development, Numerical Sciences/Computer Science Teacher, Technical Consultant, IT Quality Assurance Manager|
|Economics||Entrepreneur, Healthcare Administrator, Property Manager, Market Research Analyst, Information Scientist, Customer Service Representative, Stock watcher/presenter, Junior Broker, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance Analyst, Research, Economic Analyst, Advisory Manager, Office Manager, Financial Analyst/Manager, Data Analyst|
|Education/Elementary||Teacher, School Administrator, Educational Officer in NGOs, Private educational Officer, Academic Advisor, School Administrator, Consultant, Curriculum Coordinator, Teacher/Professor, Researcher, Principle, Director, Coordinator|
|Electrical Engineering||Integrated Systems Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, Communications Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical Draftsman|
|Industrial Engineering||Packaging Engineer, Logistics Engineer, Quality Control Manager, Operations Analyst, Projects Manager, ICT Project Coordinator|
|Mathematics||External Auditor, Teacher/Professor, Financial Manager, Controller, Budget Analyst, Junior Product Manager|
|Mechanical Engineering||External Auditor, Teacher/Professor, Financial Manager, Controller, Budget Analyst, Junior Product Manager|
|Nursing||Care Nurse, School Nurse, Public Health Nurse, Nurse Administrator, Head Nurse, Carer|
|Psychology||Addiction Counselor, Human Resource Specialist, Occupational Therapist, Social worker, Professor/ Teacher, Addiction Counselor, Human Resource Specialist, Occupational Therapist, Social worker, Professor/Teacher|
Application and Supporting Documents
- Fill out and submit the online Application for Admission and Financial Aid with the required documents prior to March 6, 2023. Incomplete applications with missing supporting documents will not be processed.
- If you want to apply to both LAU & AUB, you need to apply and send supporting documents to each university, except the nafee milkieh.
- Upload a recent passport-size colored photo taken within the past six months.
- Upload a clear photocopy of your identity card or individual civil record.
- Upload your high school grades (for Grades 10, 11 and 12) with the application. Later on, you must submit your official high school grades of the last three years in a sealed and stamped envelope and send it by post or by hand to the LAU Admissions Office (Beirut or Byblos campus).
- Submit hard copies of the required financial aid documents to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office starting January 16 and prior to March 17, 2023.
- Send a certified copy of the official Lebanese baccalaureate or official technical Lebanese baccalaureate when available.
After uploading all your supporting documents, you need to send the documents that are required as “original copy” via Liban Post or by hand to LAU Admissions Office to the Beirut or Byblos Campus.
Required Exams and Next Steps
If you are shortlisted, the LAU admissions team will contact you and give you the details regarding the English Entrance Exam (EEE). For EEE, here is the test preparation material. You should start preparing for the English Entrance Exam in case you are shortlisted.
If you pass the English exam and you are shortlisted again, the Admission office at LAU will contact you directly to inform you about the interview.
- Failure to attend scheduled exams or interviews will result in withdrawal from the program even if shortlisted.
- The IDs of the shortlisted students who are invited to exams and interviews will also be posted on this website; if your ID is not posted online, this means that your application was not successful.
Selection Process Phases
December 2022 - March 2023
Recruitment phase and completion of application
March 6, 2023
Deadline to receive complete applications
April 6, 2023
Deadline to receive additional documents requested by the university (if need be)
April 2023 - May 2023
Review of applications and shortlisting students for exams.
Ifedit el milkieh for both mother and father/caregiver will be requested from shortlisted applicants for the interviews.
Selection criteria: application completeness, high school grades
Interview period for students and parents
Selection criteria: high school grades, entrance exam results and official Lebanese baccalaureate or official technical Lebanese baccalaureate score and validation of financial need, including nafee milkieh
June 2023 -July 2023
Selection criteria: high school grades, entrance exam results, interview results, official Lebanese baccalaureate score and financial aid assessment
End of August 2023
Start of Academic Year 2023-2024
Final Selection Percentage Distribution
|Academic Performance (includes: Averages in grades 10 and 11, entrance exams and official baccalaureate results)||45%|