Requirements to Join RSS 2 Cohort 1
To be eligible to apply under RSS, parents must not be receiving an educational university subsidy of US $5,000 or more and students should:
- Be a refugee/displaced student residing in Lebanon and holding a valid and legal Lebanese residency permit issued by the Lebanese authorities.
- Not be an asylum seeker.
- Be enrolled in a public or private high school in Lebanon for at least the last three years of your secondary education.
- Have a cumulative average of 13.5/20 (Grades 10 and 11) if you are applying from a public school.
- Have a cumulative average of 13.5/20 (Grades 10 and 11) if you are applying from a private school.
- Obtain a minimum of 13.5/20 on the official Lebanese Baccalaureate exam.
- Demonstrate past and present performance of service and community activities.
- Not be registered at any university and not have completed studies at any university.
- Register at LAU or AUB as a full-time student at all times.
- Not have siblings who have benefited or are benefiting from any USP or US funded undergraduate scholarship.
Financial Aid Guidelines
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for the RSS 2 Cohort 1 support program, you need to demonstrate financial need. Make sure to submit hard copies of all the financial aid required documents starting January 16 and prior to April 6, 2023.
- Students should have at all times a valid residency permit in order to maintain the scholarship
Benefits of RSS 2
If you are accepted, RSS 2 will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees for the duration of your program (as per LAU’s academic regulations), including one preparatory year if needed
- Medical insurance
- Book allowance
- Student housing or transportation allowance
Please note that all those who shall be entitled to dorms are explicitly bound to clear rules and regulations. Dorms are segregated (dorms for girls - dorms for boys).
- A monthly stipend for nine to eleven months per year depending on the major
- Counseling services and psychological support as needed
- Support services shall be offered to women coming to live on campus, if and when needed
Programs You May Apply for
Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing
- Nursing(Byblos campus only)
School of Arts and Sciences
- Chemistry (Beirut campus only - pre-medical studies are not covered)
- Computer Science (Beirut or Byblos campus)
- Education (Beirut campus only)
- Psychology (Beirut or Byblos campus)
Adnan Kassar School of Business
School of Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Computer Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Electrical Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Industrial Engineering (Byblos campus only)
- Mechanical Engineering (Byblos campus only)
Application and Supporting Documents
- Fill out and submit the online Application for Admission and Financial Aid with the required documents prior to March 6, 2023. Incomplete applications with missing supporting documents will not be processed.
- If you want to apply to both LAU & AUB, you need to apply and send supporting documents to each university, except the nafee milkieh.
- Upload a recent passport-size colored photo taken within the past six months.
- Upload a clear photocopy of your identity card or individual civil record.
- Upload your high school grades (for Grades 10 and 11 and 12) with the application. Later on, you must submit your official high school grades of the last three years in a sealed and stamped envelope and send it by post or by hand to the LAU Admissions Office (Beirut or Byblos campus).
- Submit hard copies of the required financial aid documents to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office starting January 16 and prior to April 6, 2023.
- Send a certified copy of the official Lebanese baccalaureate or official technical Lebanese baccalaureate when available.
Required Exams and Next Steps
If you are shortlisted, the LAU admissions team will contact you and give you the details regarding the English Entrance Exam (EEE). For EEE, here is the test preparation material. You should start preparing for the English Entrance Exam in case you are shortlisted.
If you pass the English exam and you are shortlisted again, the Admission office at LAU will contact you directly to inform you about the interview.
- Failure to attend scheduled exams or interviews will result in withdrawal from the program even if shortlisted.
- The IDs of the shortlisted students who are invited to exams and interviews will also be posted on this website; if your ID is not posted online, this means that your application was not successful.
Selection Process Phases
December 2022 - March 2023
Recruitment phase and completion of application
March 6, 2023
Deadline to receive complete applications
April 6, 2023
Deadline to receive additional documents requested by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (if need be)
April 2023 - May 2023
Review of applications and shortlisting students for exams.
Nafee milkieh for both mother and father/caregiver will be requested from shortlisted applicants for the interviews.
Selection criteria: application completeness, high school grades
Interview period for students and parents
Selection criteria: high school grades, entrance exam results and official Lebanese baccalaureate or official technical Lebanese baccalaureate score and validation of financial need, including nafee milkieh
June 2023 - July 2023
Selection criteria: high school grades, entrance exam results, interview results, official Lebanese baccalaureate score and financial aid assessment
End of August 2023
Start of Academic Year 2023-2024
Final Selection Percentage Distribution
|Academic Performance (includes: Averages in grades 10 and 11, entrance exams and official baccalaureate results)||45%|